Monday, September 22, 2008

Going to Work on..

breaking my, increasingly more serious, caffeine addiction again....

I was doing pretty good around mid April. I was at a one cup a day habit (Starbucks!!), and for the rest I either drank water or tea. Then all kinds of stuff started to happen, and I hit that slippery slope and now I am back to scary consumption rates (hey, it was either caffeine or the booze.. ). And all this caffeine consumption is so NOT good for me. It's affecting my sleep, my digestive system, my thyroid, my adrenal glands, my kidneys and liver (plus the boys are nagging me to death - see, I taught them well about unhealthy habits - and it's getting a bit embarrassing to have two voices pipe up from the backseat of my car whenever we hit the Starbuck's drive-thu going "the junkie's back.").

So, starting today, I am going to wean myself off again (I've done it before, I can do it again). And right now, instead of sitting behind my computer with a gallon of *the black stuff*, I am sitting here with a cup of herbal tea.

(of course my timing sucks.. as I am going to have *company* this upcoming weekend .. the boys' paternal grandparents are *swooping in* for a visit.. and those that know me well know what one of their visits does to my stress levels... ah well, being in the throws of detox by the time they get here will give me a great excuse for my *biotchiness*.. LOL)

1 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, September 22, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My caffeine consumption is obscene.. horrific... I'd tell you what I drink each day, but I'd be WAY embarrassed to say it out loud. I was OFF the smack completely, but as you said, this and that and voila... back on the smack full force. Ahhh, the life of an addict. It ain't pretty.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home