Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dreading Friday....

I know it's not nice to say this, but I am dreading the return of a certain person state side this coming Friday. While we've certainly had our rough spots in the past 18 or so days, overall it's been a pretty smooth run.

I just KNOW that all the progress the boys have been able to make - in their sleeping behaviors, potty training, in school, how they interact with each other and me, in their emotional regulation, in helping me keep this place somewhat organized and clean, in their life skills etc, etc. will be trivialized, marginalized and then 'undone' (please don't tell me that past experiences is no prediction for how things will go in the future.. I've dealt with all the Passive Aggressive B.. S.. for a really long time now).

UGH!!!

Well, I'll deal with it.. the best I can. And I'll see how the upcoming holiday weeks go and then I'll take it from there..

IN AN ATTEMPT TO KEEP OUR CURRENT MOMENTUM GOING, I TRIED THIS.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, December 18, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... personally I believe past experience is a great predictor of how things will go in the future. Especially if said person has not been working on changing the way he deals with ... well, everything. So you go on and do all the "ugh"-ing you want girl, you've earned it!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you are able to hold it all together - 'cause it will all be on you... again... and as usual. Now you just have to accept the way it is and continue with your (and the boys') forward momentum. Nothing can stop you now... unless you let it! ;-)

Keep up the good work! You're awesome!

 
At 8:48 AM, December 18, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

Thank you!!!

I struggle with the 'accept the way it is' piece. Yeah, I can deal with it all being on me.. I'm used to that, and the past 3 weeks of absolutely "no interference" have shown I'm actually pretty darn good at keeping things running smoothly - the boys have been THRIVING (now imagine what we can accomplish in a couple of months.. LOL)

It's when I see things go 'off the cliff' once "the interference" starts again, then my frustration sets in.

Ah well. I am about to add to the original post, so stay tuned.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home