Sunday, December 14, 2008

Why.. Oh Why...

Is it that whenever I write about something going really well, the next day I find myself living the polar opposite??

No, not Salamander this time. Potatey has been a total and complete beastie since he got up this morning (at 6.40 am.. NOT happy about that.. Sunday is my ONLY day that my alarm clock does not have to go off sometime between 4.15 and 5.15 am). He's been super needy, laughing crazy/crying hysterically the next, he's been aggressive, he's been all over the place and into everything!! He is driving me CRAZY!!

And things would not have gotten quite so intense if not for the fact that poor Salamander had a boatload of school work to get completed, and yes, he DOES need my help in getting things done. So here we are, attempting to make a dent in his school work, and every 3 seconds I have to step away to peel Potatey, yet again, out/off/from under something.. Did wonders for Salamander's focus and concentration, as you can imagine..

Salamander hung in there, the trooper he is.. It took us well over 2 hours to get completed what could have been done in less than an hour if not for all the interruptions..

Right now, both boys are running around outside, with Potatey attacking every shrub, tree, unsuspecting animal in sight, with lots of yelling, screaming, hooting and hollering. THIS is most definitely NOT Potatey's base personality.. something is going on...

I was going to take the boys to the library later this afternoon... Me thinks I have to revisit THAT plan. We still need to go and slay a Christmas tree... Maybe that'll work better...

Oy...


UPDATE at 4.10 pm:
WELL, shopping for a Christmas tree was a TOTAL disaster.. despite lengthy previews on what we were going to do and what the behavior expectations were. Within 30 seconds of walking into the "farm stand", I had two kids running amongst the trees screaming like banshees followed by one plowing face first into a tree, while the other one slipped, did a face plant in the mud and starting howling because he was covered in cr#p (and what do I say over and over again: "Walking feet! No running!"). Yes, I turned around on the spot and took them back home. I'm done for today with 'do overs' and 'second chances.'. And yes, they are both in their rooms, still screaming...

Ugh.. yeah, Merry Christmas to you too.... We don't have a full moon coming up by any chance, do we?

UPDATE AT 6:15 pm:
DEC 12 (THIS PAST FRIDAY) WAS A FULL MOON... DELAYED EFFECT DUE TO THE CRAZY WEATHER OF PAST THURSDAY AND FRIDAY? HECK IF I KNOW... THEY BOTH HAD A NICE LONG BATH.. AND ARE JUST AN EENSY WEENSY BIT CALMER...WE'RE GONNA TRY CHRISTMAS TREE SHOPPING AGAIN TOMORROW AFTERNOON AFTER SCHOOL GETS OUT (ME? GLUTON FOR PUNISHMENT??? NAH.....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home