Friday, May 29, 2009

Give Me Strength..

It's been a little over 2 hours since "The Arrival" and my teeth are already on edge...

Their flight was delayed, so they got the house after the boys' bed time, Potatey was already sound asleep, Salamander was drifting off.. but as their arrival at the house was accompanied with a TREMENDOUS amount of noise, Salamander got startled and became agitated and anxious..so I stayed with him until he had settled down again.

When I made it downstairs (no, I didn't immediately run downstairs to do the meet and greet thing.. I was busy with Salamander) I was greeted with a 'Oh, you are actually here? The house was so quiet that we thought you had gone off and were busy doing all those things that you are involved in these days."

WTF?

First of all, I would NEVER EVER leave my boys alone in the house unattended.

Second, the TV was on as I was recording a show for Salamander (old TV, old VCR system. TV must be on when recording. No, I don't have DVR or TiVo).

Third, "gone off and were busy doing all those things that you are involved in these days."?? (oh, I know what THAT refers too..]

I have no words..

I have to hold on to the following mantra until Tuesday afternoon:
"I don't owe anybody an explanation or justification for how the boys and I life our lives."

But oh boy, the *fun* the next several days will bring.

Salamander ended up with an obscene amount of homework that needs to be done by Monday. He has a BIG project that is due on Monday that we really should have gotten started on last weekend, but alas, I wasn't here to help him get started. And this whole week has been messed up.
He has school work to make up for the days he missed this week.
He also had a project that was due today that we completely spatzed out on, so he, and other kids who forgot that same project, were assigned extra work to *teach them to remember deadlines* (we'll see about THAT on Monday..we completed this missed project this afternoon and emailed it to the teacher).

And then I discovered that Salamander's performance in his 5th grade musical is THIS UPCOMING Tuesday evening at 7 pm - and that his costume needs to be ready by Monday for Dress Rehearsal.

And then of course there is the usual weekend stuff...

Well, we'll do what we can...Me thinks a good opportunity to get the grandparents involved in helping out..

3 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, May 30, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is such a shame that you cannot enjoy these visits. But, as we've all learned, some people will never change or come around.

Some families I know refuse to visit with family members who refuse to accept the path they have chosen with their kids. Others just grin and bear it and stuff the stress - it is what it is.

I'm sure we've all had to do both at one time or another. If only our (so called) loving family members would give us a little bit of credit and quit assuming we've lost our marbles!

Plus, I think it hurts most when it's the parents treating us this way. So much for unconditional love huh?

 
At 1:44 PM, May 30, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

Remember to breath! Don't give the negative any power. If they knew better they would do better(wishful thinking!)
The good thing is that time really does pass quickly, and it will be over before you know it. I hope they will see the positive changes in your babies and acknowlege them.

 
At 7:26 AM, July 14, 2009 , Blogger Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes said...

i love your blog

www.lindamoodbell.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home