Sunday, June 21, 2009

MIA For While Longer..

So I had every intention of doing at least one, if not more, catch up on the going's on post.

And then the rug was pulled out from under me once again. In a big way. No, the boys are OK. We are wrapping up on the school year, both boys are transitioning to new schools in September, so things are hectic and crazy there. Both Salamander and Potatey are rolling with the flow, getting a kick out of all the *graduation* activities...

Salamander continues to have some bad moments, but nothing I can't handle. And whatever *bug present* was left, it has departed too.

It's me this time.. Things that have been brewing in my personal life for a long time have now reached critical mass. And I have to go off and do what needs doing. While protecting my boys the best I can and with all I've got. While doing my very best to shield myself from certain pictures that are being painted of me.. especially the pictures that pertain to me in my capacity and capability as a mother (oh yes, that one hurts like HELL).

I will be back.. just don't know when.. don't want to make any promises I can't keep.

[to all the amazing dads that I do know are out there? Happy Father's Day..]

7 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, June 21, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Petra,
Here's a cyber hug for you and I hope you can get some peace in your personal life. God knows you deserve it. You are one of the best mother's I know. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
Kimberly

 
At 11:21 AM, June 21, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Thanks Kimberly.. and sorry I haven't checked in on you like I promised I would. How are things? My *excuse* is that I have been and am a tad preoccupied..

Peace? Eventually yes. Of that I am now certain. Will it take a while? Absolutely. But as the song goes "I will survive.. I will survive.. hey hey"

And thanks for the compliment - I will need thos reaffirmations in the months to come.

Hard part? Realization that my emotions have been manipulated and played with in a very devious way for at least the past 5 years..

 
At 12:21 PM, June 21, 2009 , Blogger Renee said...

*hugs* Take all the time you need for you, but please know we care about you and want all the best for you. I know I'm not around as much as I should be, but just give a call or email if you need anything!

 
At 2:24 PM, June 21, 2009 , Blogger fullsoulahead.com said...

Love.

 
At 12:04 AM, June 22, 2009 , Blogger Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Take care, Petra. I'll be thinking of you.

 
At 8:21 AM, June 22, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks all. I *forced* a difficult conversation last nite.. at least what needed to be said has now been said, and acknowledged. What was happening, what has been happening, was extremely UNHEALTHY for the boys.. and that I could no longer stomach.

So decisions have been made. Now the details need to be worked out (which will take a while). Moving onward.. no more sludging thru muck while standing in place.. (as I said yesterday "the shit stops now").

 
At 7:19 AM, July 14, 2009 , Blogger Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes said...

petra, u have deliver awesome information

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home