Monday, July 07, 2008

Autism Survival Kit...

As I was rooting through my backpack trying to find one of my many memory sticks, I found the "Autism Survival Kit" that somebody had given to me at AutismOne in Chicago (the *kit* is put together by Unlocking Autism).
Here's what's in it/what the attached card says:


Puzzle Piece: A reminder that you are an important piece in the recovery of your child.

Rubber Band: For those times when you must stretch yourself beyond your limits.

Cotton Ball: For those many occassions when you are offered parenting advice.

Sweet & Sour Candy: Remember, each child is different.

Tootsie Roll: Always roll with the punches.

Mint: A reminder that you are worth a mint.

Rope: Just in case you get to the end of yours.

UA Hotline Number: When all else fails, call for help.


This DID put a smile on my face, so I don't think I'm in need of that UA Hotline Number just yet....

This too (feeling this down and in the dumps) shall pass...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home