Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It Is So NOT Fair!!!!!

My blogger friend Jeanne posted this yesterday....

I read it late last nite (or early this morning, depending on how you look at things), and I've been thinking about Jeanne, her daughter, little Charlie, screwed up family dynamics due to a child with special needs pretty much all nite..

My heart is heavy today....

Jeanne, if you pop in here today, know that I am thinking of you. I wish I had words of wisdom to impart, I wish there was something profound I could say to Julie...

Added around 12.30 pm:
I typically don't go the 'It's not fair, it's not fair' route, as really, what's the point.. useless waste of precious emotional energy and all that...

But between what happened here on Sunday (the potential for these *metabolic meltdowns* to be some type of seizure activity has reared its ugly head again), the situation described by Jeanne, and a longish email I just got from a very dear friend who is having an absolutely HORRIFIC time with her affected son's OCD spiralling completely out of control , it's taking all I've got to not scream from the top of my lungs:

WHY DO OUR KIDS HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS? WHAT IS THE F#CKING POINT? WHERE IS THE MEANING IN ALL OF THIS?


And I can't explain it.. but I actually feel a lot of *guilt*?? Why, with Salamander's underlying genetics, did he *get off*, relatively, lightly (not that we don't have our share of crap to deal with)? Why is Salamander slowly but surely moving in the right direction, and why are other kids, whose moms have done and are doing just as much as I'm doing (if not more), not progressing????

IT IS JUST ALL SO INCREDIBLY UNFAIR....

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, July 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Thank you for your support and well wishes. They mean more than you know.

Julie called today. She's not really happy at her dad's house... which I figured would happen. But she's going to stick it out a bit longer to see how it goes.

It's all good. I feel much better about the situation now. She was very upset when she left with her dad - that tells me something. So now I can deal with all of this in a totally different manner and understanding.. of me, of her, of it all.

Anyway, thanks so much. I appreciate you! :-)
Jeanne

 
At 1:16 PM, July 16, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

Jeanne!! Thanks so much for leaving a note and thanks too for the update.

Keep me posted OK? (off blog or on blog.. doesn't matter to me). Know that I'll be thinking of you and Julie and Charlie and the rest of the gang.

Hey, your trip to see Dr. K must be coming up soon...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home