Thursday, August 07, 2008

Check THIS Out!!!

August 8th, 12.10 am update:
And there has been quite a bit of movement on several loans tonite, this little girl's family has now gotten quite a bit closer to being able to pay for her next round of testing. KEEP IT UP!!!! And my thanks, from the bottom of my heart, to all who went over to the lend4health blog tonite and contributed.


Don't have time to get into the details right now, I am on a work assignment that I have to finish today (as in preferably BEFORE 11:59.59 pm on August 7 2008), and I have even made alternate care arrangements for my kiddos to be able to continue to plod along on this for as long as it's gonna take (as it's NOT an easy assignment).

But please, do go check this blog out. And while you are there, contribute a few bucks (and I literally mean a few bucks)...


PS. I am thrilled to report that at least one loan was funded today (Marcellus' mom, if you ever end up here, know that I'll be thinking of you).

And then Jeanne goes off and writes this. I'll be honest, I'm still not sure whether to blow her a kiss and take my bow, or whether to slap her (it's one thing for me to put ME in the spot light, preferably warts and all. It's entirely another thing for another person to put me in the spot light, painting such a glowing portrait of a person that I know is deeply flawed .. )

5 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, August 07, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately how awesomely awesome you are? Well, it's true!!

You beat me to the Marcellus situation (I had already put $25 towards each child anon - but I was holding out on Marcellus until Friday). Now I'll have to take that money and put it towards another kid or kids. Ends up working out for everyone.

Anyway, you are awesome! That you have to deal with everything you are dealing with, yet you find a way to give (I saw you had already loaned some) and then give again... well, it's just incredible. What an example you set for us all. The bar has been raised!

:-)

 
At 8:51 PM, August 07, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

Thanks!! And yes, by all means, but the money you were coing to loan to Marcellus to another kiddo. I'm sure Tori has many more applications waiting in the wings...

And sh#t, then you go off and write that *Ode to Petra* post...

 
At 8:53 PM, August 07, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

Cr#p, still can't spell. How is it that I have no trouble when I write my scientific pieces, but when it comes to emotional, close to the heart stuff, my fingers get all tangled up on the keyboard..

 
At 10:23 PM, August 07, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Petra i have been reading your blog for quite sometimes and i am awed by you , you are an amazing mom and i wish i could be just like you.You are a true inspiration for me in my day to day life with autism.

 
At 12:27 AM, August 08, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be shy, come over to www.recoveringMatthew.blogspot.com and donate, Adult Stem Cells are not cheap :) I know I am shameless as well LOL, J/k I am glad you help that family. You are the BEST!!!
Daniel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home