Friday, January 30, 2009

Going "Unplugged"

for today..

Taking a break from blogging, blog reading, email, Internet access and all that jazz.. I need a breather, I need to be 'out there , 'in the physical world for a little while.

I am going to make a shopping trip to my favorite Whole Foods Market (45 minute drive away). I am running out of all kinds of stuff, and I need inspiration for new meals and snacks (yup, it'll be a $$$ trip). I am going to take my time today (typically I try to get in and out of that store in under 45 minutes, as with the drive back and forth, that still makes for a 2 1/4 hour thing), the boyos are going to get picked up from the school bus by their dad today (well.. that's the plan anyway..). I am bringing my iPod and am going completely 'antisocial' while I'm food shopping (I don't typically do this.. I'm a people person and get a kick out of interacting with people in any place and setting..)

And when I'm all shopped out, I'm going to meet a friend for lunch.

Have a great Friday y'all. I'll be back later...

[and thanks for all the comments on my 'I'm loosing it' post.. much, MUCH appreciated..]

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, January 30, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's on your iPod? (I realize you won't answer this question until you plug back in... but still, I had to ask)

 
At 4:02 PM, January 31, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

I tend to go on 'shuffle' when I'm out and about and need to recharge. So I can have my thoughts and moods go with the music.

It's an eclectic collection:
Bruce Springsteen
Chris Isaak
The Cranberries
David Bowie
Depeche Mode
Dire Straights (Mark Knoppfler)
Duran Duran
Eurythmics
Indigo Girls
Natalie Merchant
Norah Jones
Peter Gabriel
Billy Joel
Robert Palmer
Roxy Music
Sheryl Crowe
Sting
Tom Petty

 
At 4:03 PM, January 31, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

OMG.. I forgot to mention Eric Clapton.

So sorry Mr. Clapton.. So sorry..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home