Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Don't Do..

accepting help well... I don't know HOW to accept help, I don't know WHAT to say or do when I get help..

I went outside around 12.30 pm, to shovel away approx 3 inches of snow just as the freezing rain started. My neighbor T was outside too. I cleaned up my back deck, my back steps, dug myself a path to my garage, then walked down my driveway to the front of my house.

I started shoveling the side walk in front of my house. As I was about halfway done, I heard a snowblower behind me. Nothing unusual - as 75% of the male population in my street owns one, and they all come out in force when it's snowing. The noise got louder, the noise got closer.

I turned around, and there was my neighbor T, working on his part of the sidewalk. But when his part was done, he kept going over onto my part. And then when he got to the entrance of my driveway, he looked up, pointed at my driveway, give me a thumbs-up sign and turned his snowblower into my driveway.

He cleaned off my entire driveway. Just like that. I never asked him for help, he never asked me if I needed help. He just did it.

We crossed paths as I was walking back to my back stairs and he was walking out of my driveway. I said "Thank you so much." He said: "You're very welcome. Now go back inside and have fun with your boys."

Just like that.

Now how to express to him how much I appreciated his help, and that by doing what he did he made this tired mom's day a little bit easier? "Thank you so much" just seems so inadequate.

But maybe I don't need to express this. Maybe nothing else needs to be said. Maybe he already got it...

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, January 28, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

Cookies and Hot Chocolate for the neighbor next time it snows.
Haven't you heard... Nothing says lovin like something from the oven??
Stay Warm!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home