Sunday, June 29, 2008

Boys Are Having a Blast...

Real quick, as I want/need to make the boys their breakfast and then back to the park we go..

Salamander's eyes went big as saucers once we entered the water park.. especially when he discovered the gargantuan water slide wrapping itself all the way around the outside of the building before emptying out in a grotto like structure. "Can I Mom, please, can I?" "Yes, you can." And off he went.. and I think I saw him three times in the entire time we were there yesterday. He was off doing his thing, connecting with other, never met before, kids... yesterday, unless you knew you would never have been able to tell about Salamander's "background".
I'll write more that when I have more time.

It took Potatey a while to get comfortable (definitely some sensory issues and anxiety in that on). But once he got comfortable (and he only wanted to be in the kiddie splash park area... another reason why I *had to let Salamander go*, as there was no way he would have stayed 'with the babies' LOL), Potatey too had a great time. He swam, he went with his head under water, he splashed, he rode the water slides several times... Knowing Potatey he'll be all over the place today (he's of the 'check things out first, dive in all the way the second time, be absolutely *perfect* at it the third time' inclination).

Will write more when we get back home. We have been able to extend our check-out time to 2 pm (Thank you wonderful folks at the hotel/resort.... we have an awesome suite with a small kitchen area with a microwave and a refrigerator, and now the flexibility around check out.. I'll write a thank you letter which I will post here... ), so we'll go *romp* for a few more hours, then baths, lunch and back home...

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, June 29, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you and the boys are having such a wonderful time. Looking forward to hearing more. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home