Sunday, July 20, 2008

Zucchini Bread

When I need to really, really let my thoughts wander, I cook. Don't ask me why.. I just do.

As the zucchini crop at the farm is really starting to come in (despite the insanely hot, not enough rain, weather), I decided to make Zucchini Bread. It came out really GOOD!

Best parts? The boyos like it, and they have no idea there's zucchini in it. Ha!!

Here's the recipe. It is very high protein, so watch the amount consumed if you have kiddos that are sulphur sensitive and/or have protein digestion issues (like mine do).

3 eggs
3 cups almond flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup safflower oil
2 zucchinis - peeled and grated
1/3 - 1/2 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup honey

[credit where credit is due: I modified a recipe from "Cooking to Heal Little Tummies" by Jenna Roberts and Natalie Hagood]

Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bow. Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Grease two Pyrex glass dishes (I ended up using one glass loaf pan and 1 glass pie pan; I grease using organic sunflower oil spray). Fill dishes half full (the stuff does rise a bit). Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

I am going to store the left overs in the fridge. And I'll try later this week if I can toast this stuff in my toaster oven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home